The time has finally come that I have finished the dolly 3 axis motion controller prototype, and now have produced the final version.
This is a Raspberry Pi B+ shield that plugs right into the 40 pin GPIO socket on the Pi, and provides the following features:
- 3 axis control of DC motors (3 separate motors moving independently in a SLIDER, PAN and TILT config up to 36v each)
- Each of the 3 motors have quadrature encoder support, so you can very accurately get their positions.
- 3 channel switched output for voltages up to 60v
- Built in Temperature / Humidity sensor
- Built in Real Time Clock
With software, that we are putting the finishing touches on, you get:
- 3 axis motion control in move-shoot-move configuration
- Linear moves and ramping moves
- Specialist panorama mode to automatically shoot multi-frame pano
- Automatic dew point control to turn on a dew heater when the dew point is reached
- LIVE preview from both Nikon and Canon cameras, showing the last shot frame
- LIVE preview of time-lapse of all shots taken in the active sequence
- Full wireless hands-off operation from any wifi enabled device ie phone, tablet, laptop etc
As we put the finishing touches to the software I will be releasing the plans so that you can build your own 3 axis camera dolly, and give the details on software and hardware pricing.
Expect kits to be released as well as the plans.